The mission of the Peer Support Group is to connect individuals who have suffered from or are currently suffering from an eating disorder by cultivating an atmosphere of support, empathy, and understanding through communication, listening, and knowledge.
By joining you will gain a community that…
- Strives for confidence and comfort with the bodies they have and with the food they eat.
- Provides more support and less judgment of bodies.
- Does not have to fight with body image issues, eating disorders, and mental health concerns alone.
- Communicates and listens to those with body image issues, eating disorders, and mental health struggles.
- Ashleigh Shields, a Ph.D. Candidate in Health Communication and Masters in Public Health student
- MK, a current recovering client of RTW
*Participants can join as often or as little as they like*